Once this contract has been signed and payment for deposit received, Ottawa Windows & Doors agrees to carry out the work stated in this contract in a good and workmanlike manner in accordance with the generally accepted standard of care in the industry.
- We require a 25% down payment for deposit.
- We accept cash, cheques or credit cards (Visa or MasterCard only).
- Financing is available upon approval, ask our sales consultant for more information.
- Balance due in full on last day of installation.
- The warranty covers all parts & labour for 20 years on products and installation done by Ottawa Windows & Doors.
- The warranty is transferable and is not pro-rated.
- At the time of signing, the estimated installation time frame will be printed on your contract.
- We will place all the products on the order in production once we receive and process the down payment.
- Once all the products are complete and ready to install, we will contact you to schedule the installation date and time.
- We make every effort to make sure we stay within the installation time frame but we do not guarantee any installation date.
- We do not offer any monetary compensation for lost time or wages due to cancellation or delays during installation.
- We are not responsible for the following:
- Concealed damage inside the wall including, but not limited to, rot, water damage, insufficient framing.
- Removal and reinstallation of window covering including, but not limited to, blinds, curtains, curtain rods and brackets.
- Any window covering not fitting the new windows.
- Electrical wiring including, but not limited to, alarm systems, door bells, junction boxes.
- Moving furniture from the work area.
- Plumbing. `
- Painting of interior trim or paint lines not concealed by trim.
- Interior condensation. Condensation is a normal result of the changes between the inside/outside temperature and the humidity level inside the house. Please refer to the Canadian government NRC website for more details.
- Window washing.
- Shrubs, flowers, plants or trees.
- In cases where electrical, plumbing or alarm system work is required to complete the installation, we reserved the right to contact an electrician, plumber or appropriate trades person to complete the work. Related charges will be invoiced to the customer.
- If drywall repairs are needed, our installers will apply the first coat of mud only. Client is responsible for sanding and extra coats.
- We cannot guarantee the exact color match between the products (windows, doors), the caulking and the aluminum capping. Certain colors are not available for caulking or aluminum capping, so the closest match will be used.
After installation service
- If you have any problem with a product or the installation, please do not hesitate to contact our offices to book an appointment with our service department.